Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Get the Look: Nicole Richie

One of my favorite style icons, Nicole Richie, stepped out to attend driving school earlier this summer looking effortlessly cool, as per her usual. Although I did catch myself wondering how weather appropriate the outfit was (thick black tights, a denim jacket and an oversized scarf in June? in Los Angeles??), I can't bring myself to say anything negative about her choices, as each and every piece comes together to create such a pretty look without looking like she's trying too hard... or trying at all, for that matter. The Nicole we see now seems so far removed from the Nicole who got her in this whole driving school mess in the first place -- and her style reflects that completely. Further goes to show that one's style is an extension of oneself. Nicole has embraced her current role as mother, girlfriend, designer, and philanthropist and she really looks the part. Gone are her Simple Life days of partying with Paris Hilton, and I have to say I adore this Nicole much more than the younger firecracker one. And so, for those of us who don't exactly have the Nicole Richie budget, I recreated the look using much more affordable and accessible pieces (some of which you might already have in your closet, ie the scarf or tights!). Here's what I came up with...

And voilà... a chic and easy outfit à la Nicole Richie, perfect for a lunch date or even a day out running errands (for a closer look, click on the picture to enlarge). 

What do you think of this look, or Nicole in general? Whose style are YOU head over heels for? Let me know in the comments! xo

images via popsugar.com; urbanoutfitters.com; forever21.com; nordstrom.com; fredflare.com

2 comments:

Ella Gregory said...

I love Nicole. Her denim jacket is gorge!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, j'adore the way you've recreated her look. Nicole's style always makes me giddy - it is phenom!! :)